How to Boost Manufacturing Productivity
the effectiveness of productive effort, especially in industry, as measured in terms of the rate of output per unit of input.
The ingredients of true productivity are many. But if they’re not working in sync, and if employees aren’t helping drive changes, profits and competitiveness suffer.
Organizations that apply lean thinking to their operations and processes can realize significant and sustainable productivity benefits.
- Remove waste from internal processes, which results in happier, more productive employees and fewer resource-draining crises
- Fix the problems that create major headaches for staff and customers
- Realize better customer outcomes, better customer service and faster response times
- Respond to evolving needs of their communities with high quality and low-cost services that are delivered efficiently on schedule
- Lower operating costs across the supply chain
- Reduce inventory
- Reduce floor space
- Enjoy safer and cleaner workspaces
- Actively engage employees with a continuous improvement mindset
- Develop higher quality services and solutions
- Improve delivery performance
- Maximize their value to the customer
A Holistic Approach to Boost Productivity
Daniel Penn Associates’ consulting teams use a holistic approach to boosting productivity. We consider every aspect of an organization and its culture: all the processes, systems, and human factors that drive performance.
Working with all levels of our clients’ operations, we help redesign work processes, determine roles and accountabilities, define work management practices and standards and provide training. Change is embraced and internalized to drive ongoing improvements.